Friday 15 April 2016

My Journal Entry

This week in room 11 we have been writing a Journal Entry following the story of the war in Waihi and in the end.


Journal Entry


Wednesday 14th April 1915


There was a break in the war, so I went to go see Don. When I told the nurse his name the truth in her eyes told me. Don opened his eye he said to me “I’m a gonner Billy”.
Later he confessed to me he was part of the Waihi miners strike and he was not part of the union.

After I said goodbye to Don I went back to my Barracks and lay down and tried to sleep but I couldn’t, it was just to hard to come to the conclusion that, Don was a scab.
I lay awake all night it really couldn’t be true. He was a traitor, and I was working with him, what a disgrace.

It broke my heart that he lied to me all this time. Now we were on the same side, till Don died.
I’m glad he told me the truth.
I know war is not worth all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment