Friday 18 November 2016

The Moment I Will Never Forget

Here is a piece of writing that is nearly complete.

One early Saturday morning I was fast asleep in my cozy pile of a bed when the door was flung open and in came Inka. She plopped her furry body on top my legs sat there and holding my gaze unflinchingly then my brain must have got into gear it was my first game of hockey yay.

We arrived at Hastings Boys High and I jogged over to the astro where I saw Steve my coach and Haumoana holy moly they were organised shooting like the black sticks with  balls glued to the stick and dribbled around the cones set up and ran hard at the goal slam I came back to reality.

Now the game plan is Jorja left wing Halle center forward Fleur right wing. Martine mid field Abbie defence with someone who I forgot whoops. Allright girls just try and get some goals and help each other out Steve whispered. He nodded at me 1,2,3 Strawberries we yelled at the top of our lungs.

Out on the pitch it was like you were in Finland in winter but we had to deal with it and running will warm us up.

The whistle blew and I passed it to Jorja who passed it to me I swung my stick to hit the ball but in came Lily who whisked the ball away I chased but Steve yelled “Halle move up move up”  so I moved up but as I did Lily scored 1-0.

No comments:

Post a Comment